About Me

I have been a Visual Artist for all of my adult life and now also enjoy filmmaking. I am passionate about creating visually to draw attention to environmental and social concerns- through artwork, food, film....or any other medium that leads me down the path of sustainability and social awareness. I am involved with Be Spirited by Nature Group who are trying to connect people with Nature. Also I am now consumed by the healing potential of colour, essence and dyeing which have been my latest passion...Celestial Wearable Art "Of the Essence" Healing Coats. I have been studying Celestial Plant Medicine for a number of years with David Crowe and Arjun Das. Correlating and putting together my two passions has been very rewarding and fulfilling with great healing results especially for PTSD. Work is not work when you love what you do, and the handing over a creation which takes about 1 month from start to finish, is such a joy.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Japanese Sister Cities Cultural Exchange this past week at Noosa Long Weekend!


Yasuhiro and Yayoi, who make up the piano duet extraordinaire "L'ail Kreis".... were a huge sensation last Friday night at the Noosa Long Weekend. I picked them up from Brisbane airport the day before, and had a great day hitting the beaches along the coast to Noosa, before delivering them to their resort. Yasurhiro had a little english but it was fun conveying language thru wild artistic hand movements and broken japanese etiquette.....
Standing ovations from the crowd at the concert means they were a huge hit I am sure. We also raised funds for Fukushima during the night. We will continue to raise funds over the next few months.
Pizza/Pasta afterwards at Noosa Junction to finish off the evening where we presented them with thankyou mosaic tiles made by Mosaic Artist Jacqui Douglas. They were over the moon with their gifts.
We got by and had lots of laughs. We also did a short film stint at Cotton Tree with Nat from ABC Open but not sure if I got across to them what that was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment